|Description:||The Government of Jamaica (GOJ) has received funding from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development to support youth employability in the digital and animation industries in Jamaica via a Youth Employment in the Digital and Animation Industries Project (YEDAIP). A critical component of this Project is the establishment of a technology accelerator called Start Up Jamaica (SUJ). SUJ is intended to provide, among others, an opportunity for collaboration, cross-fertilization of ideas, creativity and the transfer of knowledge and know-how between and among technology entrepreneurs and their respective mentors. In this regard, the GOJ is seeking to recruit a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) with sound knowledge of and experience in the technology sector and software development coupled with first-hand experience working with start-up/early stage companies (teams of 2-5 people), direct product development experience, and strong organizational and problem-solving skills. The Ministry of Science, Energy and Technology (MSET) therefore invites expressions of interest (E01s) to provide consultancy services for the aforementioned objectives.|
|Qualifications:||• A B.Sc. degree in Computer Science, or a related discipline.|
• At least five (5) years of experience in the technology sector and software development, with at least two (2) years of management and strategic experience as a CTO, CIO, or other similar senior position.
• Previous management (direct reports) of at least five (5) persons.
• First-hand experience working with start-up/early stage companies (teams of 2-5 people)
• Experience working in incubators or start up accelerators would be a plus.
• Extensive and in-depth knowledge of If tools
• Direct Product Development experience, and use of approaches such as “Lean Startup Method”
• Working knowledge of software development and technical operations including proficiency in at least one (1) modern programming language and web framework; test driven development practices; mobile design practices (both app and mobile web); big data and related software/infrastructure; and public cloud operations.
• Experience in conducting technical due diligence on start-up and/or early stage companies, and experience in making investment decisions based on technology assessments
• Significant knowledge regarding the acceleration processes specifically targeting tech start-up entrepreneurs including: technical knowledge, knowledge of the IT, digital media and mobile sectors, product management and product development methodologies, UX!UI aspects of projects, development and coding platforms.
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with a proven track record of successful completion of assigned tasks.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
|Deadline:||May 09, 2017|
Ministry of Science, Energy and Technology PCJ Building
36 Trafalgar Road
Kingston 10, Jamaica