National Commercial Bank (NCB)
With roots dating as far back as 1837, National Commercial Bank Jamaica Limited (NCB) has a pioneering legacy that has been sustained as the organisation has evolved and transformed.
Today, NCB stands as the largest financial group in Jamaica, focused on maintaining a profitable organization, which provides highly competitive and innovative products and service offerings for our customers. Its aim is to maintain a solid governance structure and robust compliance framework, while utilizing flexible business models and efficient operational processes and systems.
In pursuit of the organisation’s vision of being among the s top five financial institutions in the English and Spanish speaking Caribbean by 2016, NCB has been driving productivity of its core business while exploring inorganic growth opportunities, as a fundamental part of its growth strategy.
The complete financial service offerings of the NCB Group of Companies are accessible through our diversified portfolio of companies, namely:
National Commercial Bank Jamaica Limited: provides an array of products & services to meet the banking needs of customers; deposit accounts, unsecured and secured loans, credit cards, overdraft lines, foreign exchange, personal and private banking services are part of the offerings.
NCB Capital Markets Limited: is the wealth and asset management arm of the NCB Group, offering investment and brokerage solutions for individual and corporate clients and investment banking solutions to our corporate clients. Through NCB Capital Markets (Cayman) Limited*, similar services are extended to the Cayman Islands.
NCB Insurance Company Limited: offers solutions to meet the insurance, long-term investment, and pension needs of individuals and group clients.
NCB (Cayman) Limited: is the offshore banking subsidiary of the NCB Group and provides banking and trust services.
Advantage General Insurance Company Limited: is wholly owned by NCB Capital Markets Limited and is the island’s largest general insurance company providing reliable and efficient general insurance services.
NCB Global Finance Limited: provides merchant banking services including deposits, origination of loans and leases and provision of foreign exchange and trustee services.
N.C.B. Foundation: was formalized to fulfill the bank’s philanthropic commitment as a leading socially responsible corporate citizen, actively building the communities in which it serves. Since inception in 2003, the Foundation has channeled over $1 Billion dollars to support development projects across Jamaica in the areas of:
- Youth Leadership and Entrepreneurship
- Community Development & Sports
To be the premier Caribbean financial institution delivering superior products and services to satisfy the needs of our customers while developing our employees and building the communities we serve.
- We hold a deep and abiding respect for each customer, every colleague in our companies, and all our shareholders.
- We commit to find new, practical and innovative ways to make the term “excellent service” more relevant to each customer, every day.
- We commit to the relentless renewal of our enterprise through the constant training of our people at all levels.
- In our merit-based culture, individual reward and recognition will be a result of measured performance. We treat all competitors as noble, but we will compete fairly and vigorously to win.
Our Brand Pillars
- Innovation – At NCB, we are constantly finding financial solutions to meet the changing needs of our customers. We also drive innovation in our operations by using technology as a key enabler of greater efficiency.
- Expertise – NCBs professionals possess and demonstrate expert knowledge in their respective areas of our business. Equally important, we have superior relationship management skills that build trust and loyalty with those we serve.
- Strength – Sound and prudent management are hallmarks of sustainability for NCB. We carry out our business within a framework that observes proper ethical, regulatory and financially responsible practices, while embracing our role as a leading corporate citizen in Jamaica.
Our Brand Identity
With an asset base of $500 Billion as at December 2014, NCB is a leading Jamaican conglomerate committed to creating financial prosperity, while instilling social consciousness through its nation building activities. Through relationships with our employees, customers, shareholders, suppliers, regulators and the wider public, we are focused on sustaining our strength and helping you Put Your Best Life Forward.
Local and International Awards as at September 2014
- World Finance Magazine – Best Investment Management Company Caribbean – NCB Capital Markets Limited
- Latin Finance – Bank of the Year Jamaica 2014
- Capital Finance International – Best SME Bank Caribbean 2014
- Global Banking and Finance Review – Best Banking Group Jamaica
- Project Management Institute of Jamaica – Project Management Organisation of the Year (roll out of Bank on the Go)
- Jamaica Exporters’ Association (JEA): Best Financial Services Support Award category 8th consecutive year 2006-2014.
- Appliance Traders Limited (ATL) Automotive – Bank of the Year 2014
- Jamaica Stock Exchange (JSE) market share position report for 2013 – ranked NCB Capital Markets Limited (NCBCM) number one among brokers for the Regular Market competitors for value and volume of transactions completed during 2013
- Bank of New York Mellon award – NCB Treasury & Correspondent Banking Division in recognition of achieving a 95.28% straight through processing rate for payments processed.
- International Finance Magazine 2014 – Best Retail Bank Caribbean
32 Trafalgar Road, Kingston 10 Jamaica, W.I. Kingston 1-888-622-3477 https://www.jncb.com/