|Description:||The Jamaica Information Service (JIS), an Executive Agency, invites applications from suitably qualified professionals for the following position:|
MANAGER, MONTEGO BAY REGIONAL OFFICE
Job Scope: To plan, organise and supervise the opera-tions of the office by ensuring the effective gathering, processing and dissemination of information to promote awareness of Government policies, projects and programmes.
• Build regional awareness of the JIS by interfacing with community leaders and institutions in the area and representing the JIS on various parish and other local committees;
|Qualifications:||• First Degree in Mass Communication, Public Relations, Journalism, Education or related field is required;|
• Knowledge of the parishes in the assigned region would be an asset;
• Ability to work in teams and supervise the work of others;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Creativity with the ability to conceptualize programme to disseminate information on Government policies, procedures and projects;
• At least three years managerial or supervisory experience.
|Deadline:||May 19, 2017|
|Address:||58a Half-Way Tree Road, Kingston 10|